Monday, March 31, 2008

the incredible hulk emerges


Today's entry is a whinefest of randomness. Feel free to join the whinefest....bring some cheese please. Here's how the day went:

1. Woke up and went for a 3 mile run in the neighborhood. It was quite warm out, so I put on some running shorts for the second time this spring. I feel like the Incredible Hulk, only I'm white, not green. My legs are now exposed after a long winter of running with cozy running pants. I almost blinded myself with my whiteness and ran in front of a passing car. Luckily my Boston cross trainer had prepared me for the moment and I was able to duck and dodge. Back to my hulkiness....I have HUGE legs. I'm not saying this to toot my own horn, I'm just making an observation about my very masculine calf muscles. I know everything seems magnified on our own bodies, and at least I'm healthy and fit...yadayadayada. Sometimes I long for that typical "runner's body," but I may have resign myself to donning some shredded purple shorts and spray painting my body green.



2. Shower and get ready for work. Drop my face powder brush in the toilet (If you are reading this Marcy, I thought of you!).....juuuust perfect.

3. Pack up all my stuff. Make breakfast and bring in the dogs. Now I'm running late. Pour coffee. Realize that I forgot to pour out the coffee from last night, and brewed new coffee into the pot....yuck. I'm desperate for caffeine...drink the sludge anyway.

4. Get to work. One of our old students came in for a visit. She has moved back to town and wants to come back to our school. She tells me that she almost got shot over the weekend....and proceeds to tell me the details.....grrreat.

5. Students come back from P.E. One of them has jammed his finger playing basketball and it's swelling up like a balloon.....and yup, you guessed it....it's his middle finger. He is now cradling said finger and showing others his "wound."

6. Lunchtime....chat with co-worker about who is "with child" and who is "without child" since the break......ugh.

7. Switch classes.....get called an "angel" and then get sexually harassed for about an hour.

8. Work day ends....drive home in a raging thunderstorm. Can't get garage door opener to work. Get out of car in the rain. Bring in garbage cans and mail in the rain. Let the dogs out in the rain.

Waaaa...okay now I'm done. I feel better now. Now I have a hankering for some cheese.

2 comments:

Marcy said...

OMG HAHAHAHAHAA You crack me up! I'm REALLY surprised I have not done #3 yet. I'm notorious for leaving the coffee from the day before in there. Shoot, I probably wouldn't care if it was 3 days old. Caffeine is caffeine LOL

Gotta love #5! One of the joys of being around children, huh? LOL

Nitmos said...

A day like that would make you angry, very angry...uncontrollable rage...getting out of control...quick put on the tattered purple shorts and go for a run.

About Me

My photo
I'm a teacher with a running problem, or maybe I'm a runner with a teaching problem...you pick.

Followers

races completed

A bunch of 5Ks...I've lost track over the years...

O'Fallon (IL) YMCA 15K Winter 2007

St. Louis Track Club Half Marathon (spring) 2007

Spirit of St. Louis Marathon 2007

Boilermaker 15K Roadrace 2007 (Utica, NY)

Lewis and Clark Marathon 2007 (St. Charles, MO)

St. Louis Track Club Frost Bite Series 2008

-12K

-10 Miles

-20K

-Half Marathon

Go! St. Louis Half Marathon 2008

Route 66 Festival 10K 2008 (Edwardsville, IL)

O'Fallon (IL) Summer Sizzler 15K 2008

Lewis and Clark Half Marathon 2008 (St, Charles, MO: DNS-cancelled due to Hurricane Ike)

O'Fallon Fall Finale 15K 2008


St. Louis Track Club Half Marathon 2008 (PR!)

Mountain Home Half Marathon (Arkansas) 2008 (2nd in age group!)

Great River Road Run (IL) 10 miles


St. Louis Track Club Frost Bite Series 2008-2009

-12K

-10 miles

Phoenix Rock-n-Roll Marathon (AZ)

Go! St. Louis Half Marathon 2009

Kentucky Derby Half Marathon 2009


















future races

race wish list

Big Sur Marathon
Disney Marathon
Nike Marathon
Marine Corps Marathon
Great River Relay
Bolder Boulder
Chicago Distance Classic