Sunday, March 2, 2008

mr. salt truck

So...I just talked to Kate and she told me to post all my silly running emails from the past few months...so here it goes...

Here's little running story for ya.....ahem.....

So, I go for a 5 mile run on a not-so-lovely winter morning. It was very slippery. I ran down 159 into downtown Cville. I was on the sidewalk. It was very close to the road. I am reciting my "Don't fall, don't fall, don't fall" prayer and concentrating on the ground. Something makes me look up. I see Mr. Salt Truck. He decides to greet me with a big HELLO, HAVE A MOUTH FULL OF SALT AS I SHOOT IT OUT ON YOUR FACE! Good morning to you too Mr. Salt Truck. Mr. Salt Truck has impeccable timing. Mr. Salt Truck continues on his merry way. Mr. MCT Bus immediately follows Mr. Salt Truck. He decides to greet me with a big HELLO, HAVE A NICE LITTLE SALTY ICE WATER SHOWER! Mr. MCT Bus was also so kind as to have a "Happy Holidays" message on his route screen as he graciously gave me my first shower of the day. Thank you Mr. MCT Bus, and "Happy Holidays" to you too!

After I got to work, I also had a visit from Mr. Tow Truck. My car broke down...for the fourth time....in four months. Mr. Tow Truck and I are friends. I think I may invite him to come home with me next time so he can beat up Mr. Salt Truck and Mr. MCT Bus. I wonder what kind of damage his towing hook can do....hmmmmm.....these are the things I will ponder on my next run.


My running advice today is....stay away from Mr. Salt Truck and Mr. MCT Bus....and if you can, Mr. Tow Truck (No offense to Mr. Tow Truck, he is a very nice truck).

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a teacher with a running problem, or maybe I'm a runner with a teaching problem...you pick.

Followers

races completed

A bunch of 5Ks...I've lost track over the years...

O'Fallon (IL) YMCA 15K Winter 2007

St. Louis Track Club Half Marathon (spring) 2007

Spirit of St. Louis Marathon 2007

Boilermaker 15K Roadrace 2007 (Utica, NY)

Lewis and Clark Marathon 2007 (St. Charles, MO)

St. Louis Track Club Frost Bite Series 2008

-12K

-10 Miles

-20K

-Half Marathon

Go! St. Louis Half Marathon 2008

Route 66 Festival 10K 2008 (Edwardsville, IL)

O'Fallon (IL) Summer Sizzler 15K 2008

Lewis and Clark Half Marathon 2008 (St, Charles, MO: DNS-cancelled due to Hurricane Ike)

O'Fallon Fall Finale 15K 2008


St. Louis Track Club Half Marathon 2008 (PR!)

Mountain Home Half Marathon (Arkansas) 2008 (2nd in age group!)

Great River Road Run (IL) 10 miles


St. Louis Track Club Frost Bite Series 2008-2009

-12K

-10 miles

Phoenix Rock-n-Roll Marathon (AZ)

Go! St. Louis Half Marathon 2009

Kentucky Derby Half Marathon 2009


















future races

race wish list

Big Sur Marathon
Disney Marathon
Nike Marathon
Marine Corps Marathon
Great River Relay
Bolder Boulder
Chicago Distance Classic